Monday, December 29, 2014

Vacationing In RV or Travel Trailer

Do  you vacation with your grand kids in an RV or camper.  I do not but if I did, I would take some of the ideas from the site called 44 Cheap And Easy Ways To Organize Your RV or Camper.

I have always enjoyed the challenge of utilizing small spaces to the max.  Especially when traveling in a car or van, with the kids.  I also enjoy doing what I call the MacGyver moves.  That is where you find a way to fix or 'make something work', utilizing items you have available.   And you know that the term comes from that great show from the 80's called, appropriately, MacGyver

Back to the site -

There are indeed, 44 ideas to utilize a small space.  Most of them are pretty clever.  But there are a few that have me wondering if the author has ever watch the items that are hung from a ceiling swing while driving down the road.  Or - as in number 12, when they suggest using glass jars that maybe a plastic version would be safer.  Especially if you have kids or other persons who may bump a head or other body part against these jars, which could lead to certain disaster. 

But, just so you know for sure that I really did enjoy this site, I must mention a couple that I especially like. 

We are beach goers.  I love the mountains also, but that just isn't what I do with the kids.  One of the worse things about coming in off the beach is the sand that you bring along.  Granted, lots of that sand seems to find its way into the lining of our swim suits. (yeah - you can squirm with the thoughts of how uncomfortable that is about now) But lots is just stuck on the flip flops.  This idea of sticking them in a net bag on the door is great for two reasons.  One, it keeps the sand close to the outside and will be easier to sweep out.  Second, we won't  loose them in the middle of towels, under seats, etc.  I really like this idea.

 
This takes no explanation as to why I like it.  Especially if you have teens who always have multiple pairs of sunglasses to match outfits.  This will keep them safe from being stepped or sat on.  
Who of you, who are also enjoyers of the beach, or any other location that is outside you own back yard, has not suffered with sand or dirt getting into the paper plates?  I had never seen one of these until I read this site.  So - not only can you get the paper plate dispenser, by clicking here,  but you can also buy the same type of dispenser for your disposable bowls, by clicking here.   I love these. Bet this will be the generic gift for my family members who do own RVs and campers.  





I really don't like to sound like a broken record here but I keep going back to the sand issues.  Weather we are in a hotel room, the car or if we were to decide to go the RV route, as some of my kids do, towels that are wet and sandy are always an issue.  I could see mounting these hooks on the exterior of the camper for a convenient place to dry and keep the sand out.  Also, by having hand towels up off the sink in the bathroom, there is a better chance that you could actually dry off your face on a towel that had not been walked all over.  Pretty neat. 

Last but not least, if you have little kids, this is amazing.  What child does not like to make a bit of personal art, on the table top?  This idea and a box of crayons will keep them busy for hours.  Maybe.   But, lets expand here.  I would take projects for my kids to do that would help break up the boring times.  One of the favorites was making decorated graham crackers.  All that takes is graham crackers, frosting (I sometimes get the container and the squirt cans) and some sprinkles.  It is fun for them and they can eat their creations.  Another, and simpler one, is to use Reitz crackers and canned cheese.  You may be surprised how many different faces can be made one that little cracker.  Again, edible. 

One more idea that could be fun, would be to unroll the paper a bit, write messages or draw decoration for a special occasion, roll it back under the table until you are ready to show it off.  What a fun surprise this could be.  And I am not just talking about the kids now.  

Check out the site and let you imagination go wild with some of your own.  

Most importantly - 
enjoy time with those grand kids!






No comments:

Post a Comment